Pupil Premium is an allocation of additional funding provided to schools to support specific groups of children who are vulnerable to possible underachievement. These include pupils who are entitled to free school meals; those looked after, or previously looked after, by the local authority and children of armed services personnel. The intended effect of this funding is to accelerate progress and raise attainment.
Pupil Premium is allocated to schools from central Government and is clearly identifiable. Schools then decide how the Pupil Premium is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibility. The needs of all pupils are assessed and the grant is then used to make maximum impact in the school.
For 2023-2024, the Pupil Premium Funding is as follows:
- £1,455 per pupil for children in receipt of Free School Meals (last 6 years)
- £2,530 per pupil for each child who is no longer looked after by a local authority in England and Wales because of adoption, a special guardianship order, a child arrangements order or a residence order (Post Looked After Child – PLAC)
- £335 for each pupil who is a service child or who is in receipt of a child pension from the Ministry of Defence.
The funding for pupils who are looked after by a local authority (LAC) is managed by the Virtual School Head of the local authority that looks after the pupil.
- £2,530 per pupil for each child who is looked after by a local authority in England (Looked After Child – LAC)
All schools are required to report on the amount of funding received, how this is being used, and the impact of any work done. It is recognised that each pupil’s needs will differ and will be addressed in different ways. Schools may use the money to support all children.
All matters regarding the use of Pupil Premium funds are treated with discretion and in confidence.
Should you require any further information on the Pupil premium, please visit: Pupil premium: overview – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Pupil Premium Funding at Archibald First School
- Pupil Premium Funding 2023-2024 – Strategy Statement and Impact will be added in December 2023
- Pupil Premium Funding 2022-23 – Strategy Statement and Impact
- Pupil Premium Funding 2021-22 – Strategy Statement and Impact
- Pupil Premium Funding 2020-21 – Strategy Statement and Impact
- Pupil Premium Funding 2019-20 – Strategy Statement and Impact
- Pupil Premium Funding 2018-19 – Strategy Statement and Impact
- Pupil Premium Funding 2016-18 – Strategy Statement and Impact